Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Spotlight: EOF Treasury Challenge Winner

Congratulations to the EOF team treasury challenge WINNER:


This week's inspiration item is:


http://www.etsy.com/listing/75336206/silver-choker-vintage-crystal-pendant
We asked our featured team winner a few questions about the inspiration item chosen and her shop. Enjoy!

EOF team: What is the theme for this week?
MirroredSkyCreations: With Imagination, Anything Is Possible

EOF: Why have you chosen this theme?
MSC: I absolutely love imagination! Just to think that anything you imagine can become real, is mind-blowing. I have a crazy and wild imagination and slowly but surely it's coming out in my creations...it's sometimes difficult because you are literally allowing others into your head and heart, and that can be a bit scary, not just for me, but for others as well!

EOF: Which item from your shop have you chosen?
MSC: This item has had several name changes....perhaps I should just give it a symbol and call it "The Necklace Formerly Known As...." - right now it's named "Ozzy's Choker Chandelier" - yes, as in Ozzy Osbourne!

EOF: Please tell us why you chose this item:
MSC: I chose this item as it's one of the first pieces I made and just love it! It's crazy, cool, absolutely unique and one of a kind and totally imaginative and 'out there'.

EOF: What was your inspiration when creating this item?
MSC: I am a total rocker chic at heart... love fairytales and fantasy...and I tried to merge the two worlds...I can totally see a Rocker Princess rocking this out... I do have a disclaimer on it as I don't want to be sued for any broken teeth or nose should heavy head banging occur while wearing it....seriously.

EOF: Tell us a little about your shop/you:
MSC: Mirrored Sky is still in it's infancy stage. I began with jewelry designing January of this year. I have always loved all sorts of art, designing, creating, writing etc. What was meant to be a venture (finally) into clothes designing, turned into making jewelry. I took an old piece of jewelry I had, combined it with some other pieces, and voila! A new love affair was born. I would like to eventually and very soon begin the other part of Mirrored Sky which will be clothes designing, which is something I have always loved to do even at the age of four when I made my first Barbie doll clothes. As long as I can continue to create, in whatever venue, then I will be a happy girl.
I am married to a wonderful man who encourages me daily to pursue and engage my creativity and he's my biggest fan and supporter. We have two beautiful and talented daughters and a rambunctious german shepherd.

EOF: What advice do you have for others about creating treasuries?
MSC: Just go for it. I love making treasuries for many many reasons. One, there is SO much awesome stuff on Etsy and this give you a chance for awesome discoveries. The imagination and talent is uber crazy! I will sometimes start with a certain theme in mind and then 3 or 4 themes later, I can sit back and smile. And I guess that's when I know it's done, it makes me smile. It would be awesome to land on the Front Page of Etsy but when making a treasury, that isn't always my goal... I'm trying to really showcase the artists and their items and share them with others.

EOF: Please let us know anything else you would like to share:
MSC: I am on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mirroredsky
and Twitter at www.twitter.com/mirroredsky
Thanks for checking me out!! winka-winka!
kat
.

No comments:

Post a Comment